September 16, 2023 – Fishers Run with more hills!
This week’s suggested route is the Fishers Run, with several additional hills. There are 5 short deviations from the standard Fishers Run. Total Distance is 12.2 miles.
Start with the traditional Fishers Run – Turn left onto 96, right on Park Rd. Turn left on Corduroy, and then left on Woolston. Turn right on Fishers Rd. Bear right to stay on Fishers Road as you pass the pond.
1) Turn left onto Royal View and head up to the top. At the intersection turn right and run to the end of the cul-de-sac. Turn around and head back to Fishers Rd. Turn left to continue.
2) Turn right on Whistlestop. Run down the hill to the end of the cul-de-sac. Turn around and run back up to Fishers Rd. Turn right to continue.
3) Turn right on Railroad Mills. Run down the hill until you reach the bridge crossing Irondequoit Creek. Turn around and head back up the hill. Turn right on Fishers Rd to continue.
4) Turn left on Fishers Hill Top. Run up to the top, turn around at the end and return back down to Fishers Rd. Turn left to continue.
Take Fishers Rd to Main St. Fishers, turn left, then take a left on Log Cabin. Cross over the thruway, then turn right on Lower Fishers.
5) At the top of the hill, turn left on Thornbush, at the intersection go Straight. At the end, turn around and return to Lower Fishers, turn left to continue.
The rest of the route is traditional Fishers – turn left on Benson, right on Fishers Rd, and come back thru Power Mills Park (Woolston-Corduroy-Park rd.) A left on 96 brings you back to the parking lot.